“Choosing our own comfort over hard conversations is the epitome of privilege, and it corrodes trust and moves us away from meaningful and lasting change.” – Brené Brown – Author
Potentially tricky or damaging situations within the workplace will always require a difficult conversation. Many people ignore these uncomfortable encounters to the detriment of their personal reputation and team morale. This training will equip participants with the skills, knowledge and confidence to identify and manage problems at work early. Dealing with issues before they escalate can help earn the trust and respect of colleagues. The use of a professional actor provides the opportunity to try out new skills in real time, gaining invaluable feedback and insights.
This course will teach participants:
- How to recognise instinctive avoidance tactics and turn these into a
confident and positive approach.
- To recognise the need and situation for a difficult conversation and the risks involved if ignored.
- How to prepare for a difficult conversation both mentally and practically.
- A clear 6 step approach to have a mutually successful difficult
- How to develop strategies to handle difficult emotions while developing skills in empathy, listening and clarity.
- To move forward with absolute confidence honing and developing new skills and techniques.
This course is typically one day training, suitable for all levels of staff and is best for groups up to 8 participants.